International cooperation is an important element of the scientific and educational activities of the university. The University of Finance and Management in Warsaw is involved in a number of research projects in the framework of organized programs and research networks, as well as through informal contacts between scientists.
UFM cooperates with many prestigious and important international academic and research centres, which include:
- Florida International University (USA)
- Lviv University of Law and Business (Ukraine)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (Republic of South Africa)
- 'Stefan cel Mare' University of Secueve (Romania)
- Sumy State University (Ukraine)
- Trondelag R&D Institute (Norway)
- University of Rijeka (Croatia)
- University of Twente (Netherlands)
- University of Prešov (Slovakia)
- Waseda University (Japan)
- Institut of Philosopy of the National Academy of Science (Belarus)
- Chernivtsi Trade and Economics Institute (Ukraine)
- A. S. Pushkin Brest State University (Belarus)
- University of Prince Edward Island (Canada)
- Lesya Ukrainka Eastern European National University (Ukraine)
- Zaporozhye Institute of Economics and Information Technologies (Ukraine)
- Innovation Institute Zagreb (Croatia)
Participation of students
Students are actively involved in research, experiments, conferences, lectures and seminars. The university gives them the opportunity to participate in international educational and scientific projects, encourages to participate in the international exchange of ideas and opinions, implementation and fulfilment in new roles - researcher, lecturer, scientist.
The results of research activities the university and students are reflected in the curricula, which are constantly updated and enhanced in order the students receive the knowledge, skills and competencies that are desirable in a competitive and demanding job market.
Since 2007 students of all majors may apply for training in companies within the Erasmus Programme. The University of Finance and Management in Warsaw received the extended Erasmus Charter, which allows it to participate in the European exchange program and internships for students.
Within a few years, the university has implemented projects of internships for students, in which students received training abroad in the EU countries - the UK, Spain, Italy, Austria, Germany - enabling the use of the acquired knowledge in practice, acquiring new skills and qualifications, deepening the knowledge of a foreign language, developing social skills by establishing international relations, getting to know the specifics of the multicultural environment and professional standards, implementing the idea of creating an international community as well as obtaining mobility on the European labour market. The possibility of traineeship allowed students to try their hand at an international environment. Thanks to these trips they could understand the needs of their own and others, meet people from different backgrounds and cultures and broaden their worldview.
Scientific - research cooperation
Intercollegiate cooperation is dedicated to scientific research. Within its framework there are organized conferences, lectures, seminars, conducted researches, published scientific papers (including, funded by the European Union within the framework of so called Framework Programme). Thanks to the cooperation between universities there is also possible the exchange of academic staff, within which visiting professors from foreign universities conduct guest lectures and seminars.